- Associate Professor of Nursing and Chair of Graduate Nursing
Nursing + Public Health
Our Nursing (MS) + Public Health (MPH) dual degree program with the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health allows you to achieve your goals — and advance your career.
Prepare to make a difference
You'll earn an MS in Nursing from Simmons and an MPH from Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Our graduates are eligible to take the family nurse practitioners (FNP) certification exam, and practice as FNPs with a strong concentration in maternal and child health.
You'll be prepared for a rewarding career as an advanced practice professional, delivering appropriate and individualized health care to all populations, and taking on leadership roles in public and private institutions serving women and families.
The Simmons and Harvard Chan School campuses are surrounded by world renowned teaching hospitals and research facilities, providing opportunities to place our students and graduates on the front lines of healthcare.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master's degree program in nursing and Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Simmons University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
This professional, dual-degree program is designed to prepare family nurse practitioners for leadership roles in public and private institutions serving children and their families.
Students will meet with their academic advisor to plan their course schedules – taking courses at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and Simmons concurrently.
- NURS 404 Advanced Pathophysiology (4 credits)
- NURS 422 Advanced Pharmacology Across the Life Span I (3 credits)
- NURS 500 Advanced Health Assessment Across the Lifespan (2 credits)
- NURS 500A FNP I Clinical Decision Making (1 credit)
- NUR 507 Scholarly Inquiry I (2 credits)
- NUR 501 FNP II Primary Care Nursing of the Childbearing Family (4 credits)
- NUR 501A FNP II Clinical Decision Making (1 credit)
- NURS 504 Family Theory: Health and Illness (3 credits)
- NURS 508 Scholarly Inquiry II (2 credits)
- NURS 423 Advanced Pharmacology Across the Life Span II (2 credits)
- NURS 502 FNP III Primary Care Nursing (4 credits)
- NURS 502A FNP III Clinical Decision Making (2 credits)
- NURS 503 FNP IV Primary Care Nursing (4 credits)
- NURS 503A FNP IV Clinical Decision Making (3 credits)
- NURS 589 Informatics (3 credits)
- SNHS 450 Health Care System: Interdisciplinary Perspectives (3 credits)
Total credits Simmons Program: 43
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Curriculum
- Complete the requirements for the MPH field of study in which they are enrolled
- Complete the requirements for the MCH/Children, Youth and Families concentration, a total of 7.5 ordinal credits including:
- SBS 246: Issues in Maternal and Child Health Programs
- SBS 360: MCH Seminar (pass/fail)
Additional information can be found at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
Ready to take the next step? We'll guide you through the requirements and deadlines — and get you started on your way.