The Public Safety Department provides police and security services to the Simmons University community. The department operates around the clock, every day of the year.
Serving the Simmons Community
It is a pleasure and honor to serve the Simmons community in partnership with public safety agencies across Greater Boston and Massachusetts.
On this site you will find information on who we are and what we do for the Simmons community. You will also find important Clery and Fire Safety reports, as well as campus safety, emergency preparedness, and other information that will empower and help to keep you safe. Our police officers are commissioned under the Massachusetts State Police and have full police powers on all Simmons University properties. We also employ Public Safety Officers who are responsible for dispatch communications, general campus-wide patrols, and special events security.
It is the Mission of the Simmons University Police Department to provide a high quality, safe and secure environment which is conducive to an educational atmosphere. To provide and uphold federal, state, and local laws and uphold the mission of Simmons University. To provide service and conduct dedicated to the principles of:
- Honesty — Being Honorable and truthful in all of our actions.
- Integrity — Doing the right thing and acting beyond reproach.
- Professionalism — Living our lives through principles and ideals, not just priorities.
- Respect — Treating others as we would like to be treated.
- Sensitivity — Showing compassion and understanding for others.
- Trust — Maintaining the confidence of others through sound character and professional excellence.
Public Safety is an around the clock, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation.
617-521-1111 or 911
Sign up for Simmons Alerts
One Palace Road
Boston, MA 02215