We partner with faculty advisors, academic departments and other Simmons support staff to encourage academic and personal development of all students.
Meet with an Advisor
To schedule an appointment with an advisor in Undergraduate Advising, please call 617-521-2474 or send us an email at least one business day in advance.
Incoming and current Dix Scholar students receive advising from the Director of Undergraduate Advising, Cindy Firestein.
First-year students are assigned to a Simmons PLAN Advisor for their first year at Simmons. PLAN Advisors are a mix of faculty and professional advisors who are trained on PLAN requirements and are well-versed on all majors and programs offered at Simmons. First-year students receive an email from their PLAN advisor before June Orientation.
- Elaine Augustine, Assistant Professor, Psychology
- Caleb Bae, Academic Advisor, Undergraduate Advising
- Shreya Bhattacharyya, Lecturer, Chemistry and Physics
- Edie Bresler Associate Professor of Practice, Art and Music
- Amanda Chapman Academic Advisor, Undergraduate Advising
- Erin DeCurtis, Lecturer, School of Business
- Leanne Doherty, Associate Professor, Political Science and International Relations
- Cindy Firestein, Director, Undergraduate Advising
- Valerie Geary, Lecturer, Honors Program
- Viktor Grigoryan, Assistant Professor, Mathematics, Computing, and Statistics
- Diane Grossman, Professor, Philosophy
- Todd Herrmann, Professor of Practice, School of Business
- Talia Hirsh Associate Director, Undergraduate Advising
- Gina Mirela-Mustata, Assistant Professor, Chemistry and Physics
- Erica Moura, Lecturer, Communications
- Zinnia Mukherjee, Associate Professor, Economics
- Arlene Ovalle-Child, Assistant Professor, Modern Languages & Literatures
- Sara Purisky, Senior Academic Advisor, Undergraduate Advising
- Ahmed Radwan, Lecturer, Chemistry and Physics
- Cherie Ramirez, Assistant Professor, Chemistry and Physics
- Katherine Robbins, Associate Professor of Practice, Nursing
- Saher Selod, Professor, Sociology
- Anthony Scotina, Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Computing and Statistics
- Matthew Schwartz, Lecturer, Biology
- Sara Squeglia, Associate Director, Undergraduate Advising
First-year students enrolled in the Honors program will be assigned to a PLAN Advisor who is well-versed on the Honors-specific curriculum. First-year students enrolled in both the Honors program and the School of Nursing and Health Sciences will be assigned a PLAN Advisor who is also well-versed on specific SNHS program requirements.