We partner with faculty advisors, academic departments and other Simmons support staff to encourage academic and personal development of all students.
Meet with an Advisor
To schedule an appointment with an advisor in Undergraduate Advising, please log in to Starfish.simmons.edu or send us an email if you cannot find a time that works for you. We look forward to meeting with you soon!
Summer 2022 Virtual Drop-In Hours
Have a quick academic related question? Want to speak with a professional advisor? The Office of Undergraduate Advising offers weekly virtual drop-in advising to support undergraduate students taking on campus classes.
When you are ready to meet with a professional advisor, please click the link to sign into the Starfish Waiting Room. The waiting room will only be active during designated drop-in times and will close about 5-10 minutes before the end of drop-in advising each day.
- Wednesdays 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Students should monitor their Simmons email once they join the virtual waiting room for an email from one of the professional advisors inviting them to join a private Zoom meeting room to begin their virtual session.
First-year students are assigned to a Simmons PLAN Advisor for their first year at Simmons. PLAN Advisors are a mix of faculty and professional advisors who are trained on PLAN requirements and are well-versed on all majors and programs offered at Simmons. First-year students receive an email from their PLAN advisor before June Orientation.
- Shreya Bhattacharyya, Lecturer, Chemistry and Physics
- Edie Bresler, Associate Professor of Practice, Art and Music
- Denise Carroll, Assistant Professor of Practice, MCS
- Erin DeCurtis, Lecturer, School of Business
- Leanne Doherty, Associate Professor, Political Science and International Relations
- Cindy Firestein, Director, Undergraduate Advising
- Valerie Geary, Lecturer, Honors Program
- Viktor Grigoryan, Assistant Professor, Mathematics, Computing, and Statistics
- Diane Grossman, Professor, Philosophy
- Todd Herrmann, Professor of Practice, School of Business
- Hannah Klein, Academic Advisor, Undergraduate Advising
- Megan McCarty, Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Erica Moura, Lecturer, Communications
- Rosalie O'Brien, Associate Director, Undergraduate Advising
- Arlene Ovalle-Child, Assistant Professor, Modern Languages & Literatures
- Cherie Ramirez, Assistant Teaching Professor, Chemistry and Physics
- Saher Selod, Professor, Sociology
- Anthony Scotina, Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Computing and Statistics
- Michael Welch, Assistant Professor of Exercise Science
- Ally Yarri, Assistant Director, Undergraduate Advising
First-year students enrolled in the Honors program will be assigned to a PLAN Advisor who is well-versed on the Honors-specific curriculum. First-year students enrolled in both the Honors program and the School of Nursing and Health Sciences will be assigned a PLAN Advisor who is also well-versed on specific SNHS program requirements.