- Mathematics, Computing, and Statistics
Lauren Trichtinger is an Assistant Professor of Statistics and Data Science at Simmons University. Lauren earned her Ph.D. in Quantitative Psychology from the University of Notre Dame. Her research interests include developing statistical methods for analyzing big data, particularly intensive longitudinal data.
What I Teach
- STAT118: Introductory Statistics
- STAT227: Intermediate Statistics: Design & Analysis
- STAT391: Special Topics in Statistics and Biostatistics
- CS347: Applied Data Science
Trichtinger's research interests are in models for intensive longitudinal data and data reduction techniques such as exploratory factor analysis and principal component analysis. Her dissertation investigated different methods for handling missing data in dynamic factor analysis.