Return to Simmons
Simmons University is committed to the health and safety of our community.
Our Latest Information
Updated May 13, 2022
- Updated Simmons Mask Policy - As a result of rising COVID-19 positivity rates on campus, we are reinstating the indoor mask requirement at Simmons – effective Friday, May 13, 2022, until further notice. Masks will be required indoors, except when eating and drinking.
- Testing: Simmons will continue conducting surveillance testing through the spring semester to identify and mitigate any cases of COVID-19 on campus. Learn more including the required frequency and testing site location and hours.
- COVID Exposure Information Graphic: Have you been exposed to COVID-19 or tested positive? This chart will answer explain what you need to do next.
- Vaccine Booster: Following the same process from this fall with input from the COVID-19 Recovery Task Force and our public health experts, Simmons has decided to require a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot for all campus-based employees and undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled on our campus during the spring semester.
- Vaccine Requirement: We are requiring all campus-based employees and students, who have not secured an approved medical or religious exemption, to be fully vaccinated.
- Navigating Campus: As part of construction, campus access routes, room numbers and building designations have changed. Learn more about accessing campus and see new campus maps and building floorplans (with new room numbers and study locations).
Current Student Communications (including The Anchor)
- May 13, 2022 - Reinstating the Simmons Indoor Mask Mandate
- March 8, 2022 - Updated Simmons Mask Policy
- January 11, 2022 - Important COVID-19 Follow-up Information and Reminders
- January 5, 2022 - Spring Semester COVID-19 Update for Students
- January 5, 2022 - Spring Semester COVID-19 Update for Employees
- December 31, 2021 - COVID-19 Winter Break Update
- December 21, 2021 - Return to Campus Testing Requirements & Remote Work Week
- December 15, 2021 - COVID-19 Booster Requirement
- September 8, 2021 - Important Employee COVID-19 Testing Update
- August 30, 2021 - Employee COVID Testing Update
- August 26, 2021 - Student COVID-19 Testing and Compliance
- August 10, 2021 - Employee Vaccine Requirement
- July 27, 2021 - Return-to-Campus Checklist
- June 30, 2021 - Simmons Starts: Vaccine Updates and Return to Campus
- June 23, 2021 - The Anchor: Vaccination Reminders; How to Upload Your Vaccine Record; and More
- June 16, 2021 - Preparing for a Return to Campus
- May 13, 2021 - COVID-19 Vaccine Update
- April 26, 2021 - COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
- March 25, 2021 - Undergraduate Fall Semester Planning
- March 25, 2021 - Campus-based Graduate Program Fall Planning Update