Novel Coronavirus Information
Simmons University is closely following the latest news and updates related to the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19). We will continue to update this web page to keep our community informed of the University’s efforts related to this disease and to provide additional resources and guidance.
Our Latest Information
- Return to Simmons: Find the latest information about policies and protocols for Spring 2022 as we welcome back students, faculty and staff..
- COVID Exposure Information Graphic: Have you been exposed to COVID-19 or tested positive? This chart will answer explain what you need to do next.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements: Simmons will require all students who are enrolled in classes on our campus and all campus-based faculty and staff to be vaccinated. Read our FAQs about the vaccine.
- Testing and Health Protocols: Policies and practices representing our plans for students, faculty, staff, and visitors coming to our physical campus.
- Testing/Vaccination Dashboard: Numbers represent data gathered since August 1, 2021. Archived testing data is available on our previous testing dashboard.
- Test Optional for 2021-22 Academic Year: Simmons University will not require students applying for the 2021-22 academic year to submit standardized test scores.
- Federal CARES Act: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund: Details can be found in our quarterly reports.
- Previous Communications: See previous COVID-19 related communications sent to our community.
Return to Simmons
Simmons University looks forward to welcoming back students, faculty and staff for Spring 2022.
The CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund provides funding to institutions to provide emergency financial aid grants to students whose lives have been disrupted by the coronavirus, many of whom are facing financial challenges and struggling to make ends meet.
Simmons University has signed and returned, to the Department of Education, the Certification and Agreement related to the CARES Act and will use no less than 50 percent of the funds received to provide emergency financial aid grants to eligible students.
Details on the amount received, the number of eligible students as well as the methodology for determining which students received grants can be found in our latest 30 Day Fund Report.
30 Day Fund Reports
- 30 Day Fund Report: March 30, 2022
- 30 Day Fund Report: December 31, 2021
- 30 Day Fund Report: September 30, 2021
- 30 Day Fund Report: June 30 2021 update
- 30 Day Fund Report: March 31, 2021 - FINAL REPORT
- 30 Day Fund Report: December 31, 2020
- 30 Day Fund Report: September 30, 2020
- 30 Day Fund Report: May 20, 2020
Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting - Institutional Portion
The University has been awarded $1,111,221 from the Department for institutional support pursuant to the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Formula Grants Authorized by Section 18004(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. These funds are being used by the University to help cover additional costs that have been incurred as a result of the significant changes to the delivery of instruction due to the coronavirus. The below report represents a summary of those costs that have been incurred during the period from July 1, 2020 through September 30, 2020.
- HEERF Quarterly Report: July 1, 2020 - September 30, 2020
- HEERF Quarterly Report: October 1, 2020 - December 31, 2020
The University was awarded $1,996,674 for Institutional support from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II), as authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSA Act).
These funds are being used by the University to replace lost revenue for room and board services that were interrupted due to the coronavirus. The below report represents a summary of the University’s use of these funds during the quarter ended March 31, 2021.
The University was awarded an additional $2,709,949 for Institutional support from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III), as authorized by the American Rescue Plan (ARP).
The below reports represents a summary of the University’s use of these funds.
- HEERF III Quarterly Report: July 1, 2021 - September 30, 2021
- HEERF III Quarterly Report: October 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021
- HEERF III Quarterly Report: January 1, 2022 - March 31, 2022
- May 13, 2021 - COVID-19 Vaccine Update
- April 26, 2021 - COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
- March 25, 2021 - Undergraduate Fall Semester Planning
- March 25, 2021 - Campus-based Graduate Program Fall Planning Update
- November 10, 2020 - Spring Semester Announcement
- October 19, 2020 - Spring 2021 Semester Planning Update
- July 14, 2020 - Update on Undergraduate Programs
- May 8, 2020 - Planning for Fall
- April 15, 2020 - A communication was sent to students with details about the undergraduate and graduate Commencement ceremonies.
- April 3, 2020 - Update for Students and Families
- March 17, 2020 - Latest Campus Closure Information for Students and Families
- March 13, 2020 - Residence Campus Closure Information
- March 13, 2020
- March 11, 2020
- March 5, 2020
- February 28, 2020
- February 5, 2020
- January 27, 2020