The Faculty Senate is the primary governance body for the Simmons University Faculty. The Senate provides for the Faculty a forum and a voice beyond the individual Schools that allows the Faculty to assert its viewpoint and principles in support of the general welfare of Simmons University. It serves as the primary means of communication from the Board and the Administration to the Faculty and vice versa.
The Senate comprises representatives from the College of Natural, Behavioral, and Health Sciences (CNBHS), the College of Organizational, Computational, and Information Sciences (COCIS), the College of Social Sciences, Policy, and Practice (CSSPP), and the Gwen Ifill College of Media, Arts, and Humanities.
The Senate meets weekly during the academic year and any faculty member may attend the first part of any meeting.
Faculty Senate Representatives, Academic Year 2020-2021
- Cathie Mercier, Ifill, Faculty Senate President
- Geoff Turner, CNBHS, Faculty Senate President-Elect
- Diane Grossman, Ifill, Faculty Senate Past-President
- Joanna Almeida, CSSPP
- Naresh Agarwal, COCIS
- Josephine Atinaja-Faller, CNBHS
- Leanne Doherty, CSSPP, At-Large
- Denise Horn, CSSPP
- Kristina Markos, Ifill
- Linda Moniz, CNBHS
- Lydia Ogden, CSSPP
- Lauren Provost, COCIS
- Charlotte Russell, CNBHS, At-Large
- Laura Saunders, COCIC
- Beverly Sealey, CSSPP, At-Large