The Faculty Senate is the primary governance body for the Simmons University Faculty. The Senate provides for the Faculty a forum and a voice beyond the individual Schools that allows the Faculty to assert its viewpoint and principles in support of the general welfare of Simmons University. It serves as the primary means of communication from the Board and the Administration to the Faculty and vice versa.
The Senate comprises representatives from the College of Natural, Behavioral, and Health Sciences (CNBHS), the College of Organizational, Computational, and Information Sciences (COCIS), the College of Social Sciences, Policy, and Practice (CSSPP), and the Gwen Ifill College of Media, Arts, and Humanities.
The Senate meets weekly during the academic year and any faculty member may attend the first part of any meeting.
Faculty Senate Representatives, Academic Year 2019-2020
- Diane Grossman, Ifill - President
- Cathie Mercier, Ifill - Senate President-Elect
- Naresh Agarwal, COCIS
- Josephine Atinaja-Faller, CNBHS
- Michael Berger, CNBHS
- Carly Burton, CSSPP
- Indra Guertler, COCIS
- Briana Martino, Ifill
- Linda Moniz, CNBHS
- Lydia Ogden, CSSPP
- Charlotte Russell, CNBHS - Senator-at-Large
- Beverly Sealey, CSSPP - Senator-at-Large
- Leah Tennen, CSSPP (sabbatical replacement for Geoff Turner)
- Geoff Turner, CNBHS - Senator-at-Large
- Donna Webber, COCIS