- BSN Catholic University of America, Washington DC
- MSN Boston University, Boston Mass
- DNSc Boston University, Boston Mass
- Registered Nurse
- PNP- BC
Patricia Rissmiller is an Associate Professor and Chair of the Graduate Nurse Practitioner Program
Area of Expertise
- Maternal Child Health
- Developmental Disabilities
- Interprofessional Education and Practice
What I Teach
- I currently teach across both the Masters and Doctoral Level, both on site and on line.
- I coordinate and teach the research sequence as well as Promotion and Health Care Systems.
- I have a particular interest in facilitating research dissemination for both Masters and Doctoral level students. As a course outcome several students have presented posters at national and local conferences as well as published in scholarly journals.
- I serve on the Harvard School of Public Health Advisory Board for the Maternal Child Health Program. The Graduate program has a Dual Degree program in collaboration with HSPH.
- I am a faculty consultant on the Maternal Child Health Funded grant for Leadership Training in Neurodevelopmental and Developmental Disorders at Children's Hospital, Boston.
- I serve as the faculty counselor and board member for Sigma Theta Tau the honorary nursing organization.
My main objective is to facilitate student publication and dissemination. These projects are in collaborative projects with students.
- Astaruta, S., Caruso, L., Barron, A., Rissmiller,P.( 2016). The lived experience of women’s sexual Health after hematopoietic cell transplant. Oncology Nursing Forum, 43, 754-759.
- Mackay, M., Glynn, D, McVey, C.& Rissmiller,P.,(2017). Nurse practitioner residency programs and transition to practice. Nursing Forum, 53(6).
- Ethical Issues of Newborn Screening. Invited presentation. LEND Program. Boston Children's Hospital.
- Interpersonal Violence and IPV. World Challenge. Simmons University
- Simmons University
School of Nursing and Health Sciences 2008
Community Participation Award
- Toby Sloan Faculty Award