Colleges of the Fenway is a collaboration of five neighboring colleges in the Fenway area:
- Emmanuel College
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Simmons University
- Wentworth Institute of Technology
Some COF courses have prerequisites that must be fulfilled before a student is eligible to register for that course. These prerequisites will be noted on the COF website.
Instructions for Simmons students
- Go to the Colleges of the Fenway Cross-Registration site and search the course directory of our partner schools. Students are allowed to take two courses at other COF institutions per semester after their first semester at Simmons. Exceptions to this policy may be granted by the Simmons University Office of the Registrar. Ensure you have taken equivalencies of the prerequisites needed for the course you want to register for, as defined by the host institution.
- Submit an application to cross-register.
- If you are requesting that the course fulfill a major or minor requirement, please obtain consent from the program director/department chair. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the COF course fulfills the requirement; approval from the department should be emailed to [email protected].
- If you intend for the COF course to fulfill a key content area, please make a note of that on your application. Mode/KCA equivalents must be approved by the Simmons Office of the Registrar.
- Your application will then be reviewed by both Simmons and the host institution, and you will receive confirmation of your completed registration via email. The course will appear on your schedule on Workday as "CR 101" or "CR 102" if you are taking two courses.
- When grades at the COF school are calculated, they will be sent to the Simmons Registrar's Office and added to your student record promptly.
Instructions for COF Students
- Search the Simmons Course Directory and choose the course(s) you would like to take. You may take up to two cross-registered courses per term. Only courses listed on the COF course directory are open to cross-registration.
- Submit an application to your home Registrar’s Office, which will be reviewed by both your home institution and Simmons. You will receive confirmation of your completed registration and a Student Success Memo via email.
- Shortly after you have been registered, you may activate your Simmons account using the instructions below to access your Simmons email address, online learning account, and Workday to view your schedule, classroom location, and required books. Please contact the Registrar’s Office at [email protected] to obtain your student ID#, which you will need to set up your account. Instructions for setting up your Simmons account are also available on the Student Success Memo.
- Once Simmons grades have been posted, the Simmons University Office of the Registrar will send the grades to your home institution’s Office of the Registrar.
Account Setup for First Time Users
- After receiving confirmation of your registration, please contact [email protected] to obtain your student ID# and set up your account.
- Be sure to click "next" after entering your personal information in order to set up a password.
- If you have difficulty setting up your account, please contact Technology at 617-521-2222 or via email.
Simmons Workday Student
- Workday: Used to view books needed for the semester; class schedules; contact information for professors; final grades; time and classroom where your class is held; and unofficial transcripts.
- Email: Every COF student is assigned a Simmons Email account, which the University and professors will use to contact the student. It can be accessed through gmail. Be sure to check your Simmons email frequently for any communications sent to you by your professor or by the institution. Instructions for setting up email forwarding are also available.
- Simmons Student ID and Library Services: Student IDs can be obtained in the Campus Card Office free of charge. Please bring a photo ID other than your home institution ID and your Simmons Student ID number, otherwise they will not be able to issue you your Simmons ID. With your Simmons ID, you can do the following:
- Access the Academic Campus after business hours;
- Access electronic course reserves;
- Access your Library account online and renew items and place holds;
- Access the Library building during finals period;
- Borrow laptops from the Technology Desk; and
- Request interlibrary loans
Current course offerings at all COF institutions can be viewed here. Please note that some courses have prerequisites that must be fulfilled before a student is eligible to register for that course. These prerequisites will be noted on the COF website.
Note: Students follow the Academic Calendar of the host institution for all cross-registered courses.
Questions about courses should be directed to the Registrar's Office of the host institution:
Administration Building, Room 340
Mass College of Art and Design
621 Huntington Ave, Tower Building, 8th Floor
Mass College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
179 Longwood Ave
300 The Fenway, Main College Building, Room A-200
Wentworth Institute of Technology
550 Huntington Ave, Williston Hall