Did you know…?
- In 2010 4,280 pedestrians were killed in traffic crashes in the United States.
- There were 70,000 pedestrians injured in traffic crashes in 2010. 35% of the pedestrians killed were legally drunk. 13% of drivers involved were legally drunk.
- You can be fined up to $200 for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
- Take the time to cross safely. Use pedestrian crosswalks and obey pedestrian Walk/Don't Walk Signals.
- Cross intersections carefully — don't assume vehicles will stop. Take extra care at dusk and dawn.
- Solar Glare, darkness, rain, etc. can make it difficult for drivers to see you.
- STOP for pedestrians!
- Stop for pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Beware of other drivers yielding for pedestrians.
- Beware of solar glare.
- Don't Drink and Drive-49% of all pedestrian fatalities involve alcohol — either by the driver or the pedestrian.