- You will purchase a cap, gown, and tassel that are yours to keep after the ceremony
- You will purchase a cap, gown, hood, and tassel that are yours to keep after the ceremony
- You will RENT a doctoral gown and PURCHASE a cap, tassel, and hood that are yours to keep
- Rental gowns must be returned by mail to Oak Hall by June 1st
- Doctoral regalia is available to purchase or to rent
- Rented regalia must be returned by mail to Oak Hall by June 1st
- Purchased regalia is custom made and must be ordered no later than April 15th
- For rentals, submit your order online. Rented regalia must be returned by mail to Oak Hall by June 1st
- For custom purchases, submit an order form via email by April 15th
Please feel free to contact the bookstore by phone at (617)521-2054 or by email with any questions regarding regalia, frames, rings or announcements.
What is the regalia made of?
The Simmons Bookstore is proud to offer Oak Hall’s line of eco-friendly caps and gowns made from 100 percent recycled plastic bottles. The regalia is made of fabric spun from molten plastic pellets, taking an average of 23 bottles to make each gown.
How does sizing work?
Gowns vary by height and caps are one size fits all. However, plus sizes and X-Large caps are available upon request.
What tassel do I need?
A black tassel is to be worn at the ceremony, with souvenir tassels in school colors or class colors available in-store and online.
How do I know what hood that I need?
Hoods are worn by Master’s and Doctoral graduates and the colors are determined by your degree.