Calling All Sharks and Shark Fans (yes, that’s you!)...... Join us annually in celebrating Simmons Shark Week!
What is Simmons Shark Week?
Shark Week is an annual, week-long TV programming block created by Tom Golden at the Discovery Channel, which features shark-based programming. Given Simmons mascot is Stormy the Shark, the Offices of Alumnae/i Engagement and Annual Giving partner to offer engaging, philanthropic activities that bring the Simmons community (alumnae/i included) together to celebrate, connect and support Simmons Sharks each year. This initiative also helps raise awareness and support for the Simmons Fund.
Shark 2021 program highlights of the past:
- Course and research presentations captained by Simmons professors
- Alumnae/i panels of frontline pandemic healthcare and art industry professionals
- “Net”working opportunities
- Movie nights and other family friendly activities, including Flat Stormy
- Social media engagements and #SharkSightings spotlighting alumnae/i pride and success
- Live virtual tasting and conversation with an alum-entrepreneurs
- Learn more about events during Shark Week 2021 and check out the on-demand programming (recordings and asynchronous materials) in the Resources section of Simmons Network.
Revisit this site next summer where upcoming details of Shark Week 2022 will be posted.
Adopt a Shark
Want to Adopt a Shark? (Not a real shark, a Simmons Shark!) Engage your philanthropic superpower to help a Simmons student become a superhero by making a gift to the Simmons Fund today! Gifts of any size make waves!Make Your Gift
- (800) 831-4284
- Send an email