- Physical Therapy
- Candidate for PhD, Health Professions Education, Simmons University
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Simmons University
- Bachelors of Science, Exercise Science, Simmons University
- Licensed Physical Therapist, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- APTA American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists: Orthopedic Clinical Specialist
Dr. Verrill first came to Simmons University to obtain both her undergraduate and graduate degrees. Soon after graduation she began working as an adjunct faculty member for her favorite course: advanced human anatomy. She then became more involved as a tutorial leader and lab instructor for the first year DPT courses while building her clinical experience. Dr. Verrill transitioned to a full-time faculty member in 2020.
Dr. Verrill has worked in outpatient orthopedics for Newton Wellesley Hospital since 2016 with a focus on women’s health and pelvic floor PT. During her time at Newton Wellesley she has been a clinical instructor for several full time students and loves watching students transition what they have learned from the classroom to being hands on with the patient. She continues to actively practice as a pelvic floor physical therapist for Newton Wellesley Hospital and mentor students as they grow into independent practitioners.
In her free time, Dr. Verrill is an avid hiker and competitive powerlifter. She finds peace exploring the woods with her wife and can often be found camping, hiking, and kayaking throughout the wilderness of New England.
Area of Expertise
- Pelvic floor physical therapy with a focus on LGBTQ+ needs
- Anatomy Education
What I Teach
- DPT 621 Advanced Human Anatomy
- DPT 732 Neuroanatomy
- DPT Research Advisor
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Newton Wellesley Hospital
- Ruth Hall Award Nominee - 2015
- Deborah Heller Award for Outstanding Achievement in Physical Therapy - 2016