Unlike premedical programs, which are quite specific and virtually obligatory for medical school candidates, pre law "curriculum" is largely a myth.
While no particular curriculum path is the ideal route to law school, Simmons' strong academic programs, small classes, and extensive opportunities for student/professor interaction and independent learning are an ideal preparation.
A student who is considering law school after graduation should register with the prelaw advisor as soon as possible using the online registration form below. At some point, she should make an appointment with the advisor to discuss specific interests and plans.
The prelaw advisor organizes extra-curricular activities of interest to prelaw students: lectures, meetings with lawyers who are Simmons alumnae, and field studies or internships related to law. The advisor is also available to help with the application process.
The following recommended reading list has been compiled for prospective law students by staff at the University of Dayton School of Law. This list provides an introductory sampling of publications which may be of interest to those individuals who are giving through to entering law school.
U.S. Judicial System
- The Nature of the Judicial Process
- Simple Justice: The History of Brown v. Board of Education And Black America's Struggle for Equality
- The Bramble Bush: Our Law and Its Study
- Gideon's Trumpet
- Miracle at Philadelphia: The Story of the Constitutional Convention
In Our Defense: The Bill of Rights in Action
- The Supreme Court
- Attorney for the Damned: Clarence Darrow in the Courtroom
- John Marshall: A Life in Law
- Thurgood Marshall: Justice for All
- A Season for Justice: The Life and Times of Civil Rights Lawyer Morris Dees
- Barron's Guide to Law Schools
From Here to Attorney: The Ultimate Guide to Excelling in law School and Launching Your Legal Career
- Learning the Law: Success in Law School and Beyond
- The Official Guide to U.S. Law Schools
- One L: An Inside Account of Life in the First Year of Harvard Law School
Preparation For The LSAT
- The official LSAT PrepTest
- The Official LSAT PrepKit: The Official LSAT PrepBook
- Law School Admission Council
- LSAT: Law School Admission Test
We have a variety of law books available at the Simmons University Library, including:
- Alumni/ae in Action
- Career in Law
- Choosing a Career in Law
- Full Disclosure: Do You Really Want to Be a Lawyer?
- How to Land Your First Paralegal Job
- Paralegal: An Insider's Guide to the Fastest-Growing Occupation of the 1990
- Peterson's Graduate Programs in Business, Education, Health and Law
- Women in Law
- (617) 521-2274
- Send an email