We partner with faculty advisors, academic departments and other Simmons support staff to encourage academic and personal development of all students.
Meet with an Advisor
To schedule an appointment with an advisor in Undergraduate Advising, please log in to Starfish.simmons.edu or send us an email if you cannot find a time that works for you. We look forward to meeting with you soon!
Spring 2024 Hybrid Drop-In Hours
Have a quick academic related question? Want to speak with a professional advisor? The Office of Undergraduate Advising offers weekly hybrid drop-in advising to support undergraduate students taking on campus classes.
These brief 5-15 minute advising drop-ins appointments will be held in a hybrid format, and we encourage you to join us either on Zoom or in-person. If you stop by in person, please bring your laptop and make sure to join the virtual waiting room to indicate that you would like to meet with an advisor in-person!
When you are ready to meet with a professional advisor, please click the link to sign into the Starfish Waiting Room. The waiting room will only be active during designated drop-in times and will close about 5-10 minutes before the end of drop-in advising each day.
General Advising Drop-In Hours:
- Tuesdays 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Thursdays 10:00 am – 11:30 am
Students should monitor their Simmons email once they join the virtual waiting room for an email from one of the professional advisors. You will either be invited to join a Zoom meeting room to begin your virtual session, or directed to an office within the Center for Student Success to meet with an advisor in-person.
Spring 2024 drop-in hours will be offered from January 22 — May 10.
First-year students are assigned to a Simmons PLAN Advisor for their first year at Simmons. PLAN Advisors are a mix of faculty and professional advisors who are trained on PLAN requirements and are well-versed on all majors and programs offered at Simmons. First-year students receive an email from their PLAN advisor before June Orientation.
- Elaine Augustine, Assistant Teaching Professor, Department of Psychology
- Shreya Bhattacharyya, Lecturer, Chemistry and Physics
- Denise Carroll, Assistant Professor of Practice, MCS
- Aqueela Culbreath-Britt, Associate Professor of Practice and Director of On-ground BSW Practicum Education
- Valerie Geary, Lecturer, Honors Program
- Diane Grossman, Professor, Philosophy
- Kat Lombard-Cook, Assistant Professor, Department of Communications
- Megan McCarty, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology"
- Dana Prisloe, Academic Advisor, Office of Undergraduate Advising
- Cherie Ramirez, Assistant Teaching Professor, Chemistry and Physics
- Saher Selod, Professor, Sociology
- Spela Trefalt, Associate Professor and Diana K Trust Chair in Leadership Development
- Lauren Trichtinger, Assistant Professor Division of Mathematics, Computing and Statistics
- Michael Welch, Assistant Professor of Exercise Science
- Jason White, Professor, Department of Chemistry and Physics
First-year students enrolled in the Honors program will be assigned to a PLAN Advisor who is well-versed on the Honors-specific curriculum. First-year students enrolled in both the Honors program and the School of Nursing and Health Sciences will be assigned a PLAN Advisor who is also well-versed on specific SNHS program requirements.
Undergraduate Advising Staff
Director of Undergraduate Advising
Academic Advisor, Online Undergraduate Degree Completion Programs
Assistant Director, Academic Advising
Associate Director of Advising, Evaluation and Assessment
Majors and Minors at Simmons University
There are tons of majors and minors to choose from at Simmons University.
Center for Student Success, Ground Floor, Lefavour Hall