- School of Library and Information Science
- School of Business
- Mathematics, Computing, and Statistics
I am the inaugural Dean of the College of Organizational, Computational, and Information Sciences. Prior to joining Simmons, I served as Professor and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County's College of Engineering and Information Technology, where I oversaw multiple assessment activities, including leading a successful re-accreditation of four undergraduate engineering and computing undergraduate curriculum. As a career educator, I have published over 100 scientific papers in journals, conferences, and workshops. My research is in artificial intelligence, focusing on the areas of machine learning, multi-agent systems, planning, interactive AI techniques, information management, reasoning with uncertainty, and decision theory. I graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University with a Bachelor of Arts in engineering and computer science, and earned my PhD in computer science from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence/Educational Advances in Artificial Intelligence (AAAI/EAAI), Outstanding Educator Award, 2020.
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) Fellow, 2018.
- Distinguished Alumni Award in Computer Science, Division of Computer Sciences, University of California, Berkeley, 2018.
- A. Richard Newton Educator ABIE Award, Anita Borg Institute, 2017.