- School of Library and Information Science
- School of Business
Dr. Marie desJardins is the Dean of the College of Organizational, Computational, and Information Sciences. In this role she will lead collaboration among faculty and other stakeholders in pursuing the growth and development of College programs and initiatives, align an interdisciplinary collaboration that increases pathways from undergraduate to graduate study in growing fields, and promote a culture of research and scholarly productivity through innovative teaching and engaged learning.
Prior to joining Simmons, Dr. desJardins served as Professor and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County's College of Engineering and Information Technology, where she oversaw multiple assessment activities, including leading a successful re-accreditation of four undergraduate engineering and computing undergraduate curriculum. A career educator, Dr. desJardins has published over 100 scientific papers in journals, conferences, and workshops. Her research is in artificial intelligence, focusing on the areas of machine learning, multi-agent systems, planning, interactive AI techniques, information management, reasoning with uncertainty, and decision theory. Dr. desJardins graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University with a Bachelor of Arts in engineering and computer science, and earned her PhD in computer science from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence/Educational Advances in Artificial Intelligence (AAAI/EAAI), Outstanding Educator Award, 2020.
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) Fellow, 2018.
- Distinguished Alumni Award in Computer Science, Division of Computer Sciences, University of California, Berkeley, 2018.
- A. Richard Newton Educator ABIE Award, Anita Borg Institute, 2017.