Department of Behavior Analysis
Our Behavior Analysis programs are dedicated to preparing the next generation of practitioners in the field of applied behavior analysis. Our innovative curriculum emphasizes contemporary research and the fusion of applied behavior analysis with other scientific fields.
- Simmons students fulfill all hours of mentoring and supervision required to sit for the BCBA® exam as part of the program.
- Graduates of Simmons’ on-campus programs boast an 85% average BCBA® exam pass rate compared to the national average of 65%.
- Jobs requiring a BCBA® grew 153% between 2012 and 2014.
- Jobs with $65,000 or more annual earnings were reported by more than half of the BCBA®s in 2014.
- Positions requiring BCBA® or BCBA-D™ certification increased by 1,942% throughout the U.S. between 2010 and 2018, and Massachusetts ranked second nationwide for job postings requiring one of these two credentials.
"The program at Simmons does a great job touching on a wide range of topics and applications in ABA. Even as I’ve taken on new roles and more responsibilities, the things I encounter at work still relate back to things I learned in the classroom."
- Ashley Williams, '12MS, Program Director, Applied Behavior Analysis Consultation and Services (ABACS)