- Ph.D. in Behavior Analysis, Simmons University
- M.S.Ed. in Behavioral Education, Simmons University
- B.S. in Communication Disorders, Boston University
- Licensed Board Certified Behavior Analyst (LABA) in Massachusetts
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
I have been working in the field of behavior analysis since 2002 and have been a Board Certified Behavior Analyst since 2004. Most of my career has been applied in school based settings with individuals diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders, however, I have also provided consultation in home and community based settings as well as provided training to autism based organizations and public schools.
I have also had the opportunity to develop and conduct several research projects and have presented more than 35 times at over 25 different local and national conferences. My areas of research include stimulus equivalence, verbal behavior, organizational behavior management, and supervision.
I have served multiple roles within the Behavior Analysis Department at Simmons University including Individual Mentor/Supervisor, Adjunct Faculty and am currently an Associate Professor of Practice in the BehaviorAnalysis@Simmons Program.
Area of Expertise
- Verbal Behavior
- Stimulus Equivalence
- Behavioral Assessment
What I Teach
- BEHVO 426 Behavioral Assessment
- BEHVO 415 Introduction to Single Subject Research Designs
- BEHVO 430 Legal and Ethical Issues in Behavior Analysis
King, C.** (In Press). Equivalence and Verbal Behavior.
In R.W. Maguire, R.W. and R. Allen (Eds.). Stimulus equivalence for students with developmental disabilities. Routledge, Inc.
King, C. M., & Turner, K. (2022). The Ethical Assessment of Behavior. In Turner, K.S. (2022). Functional Behavior Assessment: Case studies and practice (Revised 1st ed.). San Diego, CA: Cognella Academic Publishing.
King, C. M., & Turner, K. (2022). Functional Analysis and Hypothesis Testing. In Turner, K.S. (2022). Functional Behavior Assessment: Case studies and practice (Revised 1st ed.). San Diego, CA: Cognella Academic Publishing.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI)
- Berkshire Association of Behavior Analysis and Therapy (BABAT)
- Massachusetts Association of Applied Behavior Analysis (MASSABA)
- Massachusetts Association of Approved Private Schools (MAAPS)