Partners Partnerships are the cornerstone of our community engagement programs
Our Community Partnerships are the cornerstone of The London Center’s programs and service initiatives. London Center staff, along with Simmons faculty and student leaders, work closely with community partner staff and members to develop strong relationships that meet community need while providing meaningful experiences for Simmons students focusing on sustainability and impact. Effective engagement relies on strong campus/community partnerships. Real partnerships enable students, faculty, and community members to work together pursuing goals defined by each.
Advancing Women and Girls
A 1991 donation from Simmons alumna Barbara Lee launched Simmons' contemporary external engagement with the leadership and success of women and girls. We collaborate with individuals and organizations aligned with our vision and values, maintaining Simmons' reputation as a dynamic partner promoting women's issues and activism.
Through the sponsorship of activities, workshops, and conferences, we enrich our community and contribute to the success of women leaders. Over 24 years and more than 530 events, 47,000 people have come to Simmons to learn, organize, and celebrate.
Our goal is to develop and advance women and girls from all cultural and economic backgrounds. Our women's and girls' leadership activities are in collaboration with the community. Simmons's central Boston setting makes possible rich, heterogeneous relationships.
- Access to Simmons events and trainings
- Increased awareness of and support for community organizations, issues, and unmet community needs
- Access to budding scholars with expertise in area(s) of interest
- Provide an opportunity for a community to shape students' values and to prepare students for remaining engaged in communities and social justice issues
- Increased capacity, receipt of tangible project outcomes, research, and other resources useful for the mission growth of your organization
We have no current calls for proposals. Contact The London Center if you're interested in partnering.