"If you don't know where you are headed, you'll probably end up someplace else." -Douglas J. Eder, PhD
Assessment involves establishing student learning outcomes, measuring/observing and documenting the extent to which outcomes are achieved, findings ways to improve, and implementing improvement plans. It is a collaborative process that includes faculty, students, staff, administrators, and others.
The Provost's Office:
- Supports the use of program and institutional assessment to improve the quality of student learning
- Collaborates with faculty, staff, students, and administrators to establish meaningful, manageable, and sustainable course, program, and institutional assessments
- Collaborates with faculty and staff to develop general guidelines for the assessment of student learning at Simmons University
- Disseminates assessment-related information to faculty, staff, and students
- Assists programs with designing and reviewing effective educational programs