- Professor of Mathematics
Data Science and Analytics
Our Data Science and Analytics program prepares students to change the world by harnessing the power of information.
Where "Big Data" meets bigger opportunities
You could find new patterns in potential pandemics, suggest optimal cancer treatments, direct political campaigns, analyze global marketing campaigns, or apply what you learn in the industry of your choice — even if it doesn’t exist yet.
You’ll combine mathematics and statistics, computer science and project management with in-depth knowledge of a specific discipline to become an expert analyst. And you’ll apply this expertise in the real world through internships in your field, preparing for an exciting career that will adapt as technology advances.
- CS 112 Introduction to Computer Science
- CS 113 GUI and Event-Driven Programming
- CS 333 Database Management
- CS 347 Applied Data Science
- LIS 473 Information Visualization
- MATH 118 Introductory Statistics
- MATH 227 Statistical Design and Analysis
- MATH 228 Introduction to Data Science
- MATH 229 Regression Analysis
- MATH 346/CS 346 Data Mining
- MGMT 100 Foundations of Business and Management
- MGMT 221 Project Management
Hands-on research experience is a key part of a Simmons STEM education. Research opportunities are open to students as early as the first year. Many students also complete internships. Our students have been placed at industry, government, nonprofits and academic institutions.
So you know that Simmons is a great place to be, you've learned about our programs, maybe even come for a visit...now you're ready to apply! Let's get started.