Request Accommodations on Assessments (Exam or Quiz)
Students approved for testing accommodations may request to take exams through the on-ground OAS Testing Center. Eligible students may take any timed, in-class assessment (e.g. exams, quizzes, compositions, etc.) in the OAS Testing Center. The OAS Testing Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. We are located in room E-050 in the Center for Student Success, Lefavour Hall. Please direct any questions related to the OAS Testing Center to [email protected].
How do I request assessments in the OAS Testing Center?
- Use the Exam Request Form to request any assessment to be taken in the OAS Testing Center. DO NOT use this form for final exam requests. See below for information on how to request to take your Spring 2023 final exams in the OAS Testing Center.
- Please carefully read the instructions on the Exam Request Form for important information about scheduling your exam.
- Fill out the form no less than TWO full business days in advance of the exam to allow OAS adequate time to process the request.
- If the date and/or time of an exam changes after you have already submitted the exam request form, email [email protected] to update your exam reservation details.
- OAS will send a detailed confirmation email from [email protected] after we process the Exam Request Form. The confirmation email will include important OAS Testing Center guidelines and instructions for test day.
- Do NOT request final exams through this form. More information regarding final exams will be emailed to you later in the semester.
- This does not apply to online graduate students in @Simmons programs.
How do I request to take my Spring 2023 final exam(s) in the OAS Testing Center?
- Check your final exam dates with the Simmons Spring 2023 Final Exams Schedule.
- Fill out the Spring 2023 Final Exam Request Form for EACH final exam you will be taking by TUESDAY, MAY 2ND at 5:00 PM. This is NOT the same form you have used to schedule other exams throughout the semester.
- All exams that are normally scheduled for 6:30 PM will automatically be scheduled for 3:00 PM in OAS in order to accommodate your double time.
- If you have back-to-back exams and your extended time accommodation will cause them to overlap, note the conflict in the comments when you submit the Final Exam Request Form and we will schedule your final exams accordingly. For example, if you have a 6-hour exam (with extended time) scheduled at 11:30 AM and another exam scheduled at 3:00 PM, we will schedule your first exam at 8:00 AM and your second at 3:00 PM.
- Personal time conflicts such as travel arrangements are NOT valid reasons for requesting to test in a block other than your class's normally scheduled block.
- Final exam requests WILL NOT be accepted after TUESDAY, MAY 2ND at 5:00 PM.
- Please reach out to [email protected] for any questions regarding final exams.
On Ground Programs