About the School of Nursing
The School of Nursing stands as an innovator in health care education. Our strengths include nationally acclaimed faculty, alumnae/i who are recognized leaders in their fields, and an ideal Boston location that is steps away from the world-renowned hospitals and healthcare facilities of the Longwood Medical Area.
We offer a distinctly collaborative academic community that one rarely finds at larger universities. You'll receive direct and frequent access to faculty who know your name and understand your goals. Small classes and group tutorials, case study analyses, seminars, team research, intensive clinical experiences, and superior career resources contribute to a personal and very practical learning experience.
By emphasizing scholarship, clinical expertise, and interdisciplinary teamwork, we make certain our students thrive in the fast-changing healthcare world of today — and tomorrow.
School of Nursing alumnae/i rank as some of the best practitioners in their fields, and they are frequently honored for their accomplishments and leadership.
- Strong, clinically-based master's, post-master's certificate and doctoral programs
- Small, accessible campus in Boston's Longwood Medical Area
- Small student-to-faculty ratio
- Full-time and part-time study options, including evening and summer courses
- Online programs and courses, including Nursing@Simmons: Master of Science in Nursing, Post-Master's Certificate in Health Professions Education and the DNP
- Faculty who are noted experts and practitioners
- Collaborative research and publishing opportunities
- Attention to interdisciplinary and multicultural aspects of health care
- Strong emphasis on community and service learning
- Ranked among the best U.S. colleges to study health professions by College Factual/USA Today
- Clinical practicums in top health care facilities, including Harvard Medical School's teaching and research hospitals
- Excellent pass rates on NCLEX-RN and FNP exams
- Nationally accredited professional programs
- Successful job placements for graduates