President Wooten's Research
- Crisis Leadership
- Positive Organizing Routines
- Strategic Management Processes of Professional Service Firms, Health Care Organizations, Nonprofit Organizations and Knowledge Service Enterprises
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Workforce Diversity and Competitive Advantage
- Business Education
- The Development of Emerging Leaders
Research Affiliations and Labs
- Institute for Inclusive Leadership
- National Center for Institutional Diversity
- Center for Positive Organizations
- Aspen Institute - Business & Society
Co-Creating an Infrastructure to Transform the Philanthropic Sector: A High Impact Strategy. Status: Manuscript Preparation for Stanford Social Innovation.
Merging Liberal Education Concepts with a Business School Mindset. Status: Manuscript Preparation for AACU Liberal Education (with Jon McNaughtan).
Managerial Monographs/Research Reports
James, E. & Wooten, L. (2018). Sexual Harassment In The Workplace: A Risk without Equal
James, E & Wooten, L. (2010). The 2009 Census of African-American on Board of Directors of Fortune 500 companies. Washington, DC: Executive Leadership Council.
James, E & Wooten, L. (2009). The 2008 Census of African-American on Board of Directors of Fortune 500 companies. Washington, DC: Executive Leadership Council.
James, E. & Wooten, L. (2006). Changing the Face of Corporate America in the Boardroom: Implications and recommendations of the 2004 census of African-Americans on Board of Directors. Washington, DC: Executive Leadership Council.
James, E & Wooten, L. (2005). The 2004 Census of African-American on Board of Directors of Fortune 500 companies. Washington, DC: Executive Leadership Council.
Research and Teaching Grants
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Michigan Foundation, Analyzing Diversity Management Practices in Southeast Michigan Hospitals
- University of Michigan Institute for Clinical Health Research -- Health Disparity Core (Consultant)
- University of Michigan, National Center for Institutional Diversity Research Grant National Institute of Health Grant 1-p20-RR020683-01 (Co-Principal Investigator) – Health Disparities: Leaders, Providers & Patients
- Executive Leadership Council (ELC): Census of African-American Board Directors General Motors Sullivan Principles Teaching Fellowship 2003; 2007
- Catalyst, Funding of Data
- Work & Family Institute, Funding of Data Research Honorarium, Sloan Foundation
- Scholar in Residence, Council of Michigan Foundations
- Society for Human Resource Management – Harvey Wilson Dissertation Research Grant Center for the Education of Women- University of Michigan Research Grant
- University of Michigan Business School Research Grant