The Writing Center fosters academic excellence by providing resources and support that meet the needs of graduate and undergraduate students. You're welcome to drop by the Writing Center without an appointment. If any tutors are available, they will work with you. To guarantee a tutoring session, please schedule an appointment.
The mission of the Writing Center at Simmons University is to foster academic excellence by providing resources and support that meet the needs of graduate and undergraduate students. The Writing Center offers one-on-one tutoring, workshops and presentations designed to strengthen students' academic reading, writing, critical thinking, and research skills. The Center works with faculty across schools and programs to address students' academic and discipline-specific writing needs.
Students will be able to:
- prioritize which aspects of their work they want to improve
- use strategies and resources to develop skills
- apply with confidence what they have learned
- plan next steps
- Students can use the Writing Center up to one hour per day and up to two hours per week.
- Please be on time to get the full benefit of your appointment.
- If you cannot make an appointment, please cancel online 24 hours in advance of your appointment or call us so that another student can have the appointment.
- We understand that the content of student papers may sometimes be of a personal or sensitive nature. We respect your privacy and do not discuss your content with anyone but you.
- (617) 521-2479
- Send an email
- (617) 521-2471
- Send an email