Goals and Outcomes
Our long-term vision for Simmons is to become the most inclusive and welcoming academic community in New England. Our goals and outcomes are directly tied to the President's nine strategic goals.
Nine Strategic Goals
- A Pivotal Experience for Students
- An Outstanding Community to Work
- Empowering Faculty Excellence
- A Leadership Brand Promise
- Commitment to Inclusive Excellence and Social Justice
- A Vibrant Campus Environment
- Exemplary Operations
- Philanthropic Call to Action
- A culture of Organizational Learning, Innovation and Change
We are pleased to share the newly established President's Advisory Council (PAC) for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. The PAC was established to help create, champion, support and strengthen Simmons culture that embraces the authentic lived experiences of the Simmons community and fosters an environment in which everyone feels they belong.
The Charge in Action: Our Work...
The charge of the Advisory Council is to: demonstrate inclusive everyday leadership by increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion at Simmons through action, institutional change, education and development, inspiration, and measurement.
The Advisory Council identifies, creates, sponsors, and advocates for opportunities for members of the Simmons Community to do the work associated with inclusive leadership and understand how our multiple identities influence who we are as we practice inclusive leadership.
What We Believe In
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging as essential and non-negotiable realities for Simmons success
- Accountable Everyday Inclusive Leadership
- Investment (financial, personnel, commitment) being critically necessary to achieve measurable, meaningful and sustainable change and impact in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Simmons.
What We Are Doing
- Driving Institutional Change
- Reviewing and Enacting Policies, Procedures and Practices
- Transformative Education, Support & Development
- Analysis; and
- Data Driven Change Management
Conditions for Success
- Communications: Exchanges that are open and coordinated
- Systems that lead/contribute to organizational transformational change
- Culture of Belonging
- Dynamic, adaptable and flexible organization
- Unwavering commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
PAC Sub-committees: These committees were established to help integrate the D, E, I, B with the College’s mission, operations, strategies, and business objectives.
The PAC Sub-committee members consist of faculty and staff from across the university. A subset of the Council co-chairs the following committees:
- Staff Engagement
- Community Engagement
- Student Experience
- Alumnae/i Relations