Financial Conflict of Interest Policies
Simmons University policies regarding investigator financial conflict of interest disclosure for sponsored projects.
In accordance with Federal regulations, Simmons University has a responsibility to manage, reduce, or eliminate any actual or potential conflicts of interest that may be presented by a financial interest of an investigator. Specifically, Federal regulations require institutions to have policies and procedures in place to ensure that investigators disclose any significant financial interest that the institution reasonably determines could directly and significantly affect the design, conduct or reporting of institutional research funded.
Simmons University policy requires that investigators disclose any significant financial interest that may present an actual or potential conflict of interest in relationship to the National Institute of Health.
Simmons University's Investigator Significant Financial Disclosure policy, reporting, and training for PHS* proposals and funded projects:
- The Simmons University policy on financial conflicts of interest and required education related to Public Health Service (PHS) funding
- Financial Interests Report Form
- Detailed Report of Financial Interests Form
- CITI Program — Conflicts of Interest Web based Training: Researchers will have to register with CITI Program and sign in to complete the modules and take the quiz at the end of each session. Please see CITI Registration Instructions below.
CITI Registration Instructions
New users should register with the CITI system. Please affiliate yourself with Simmons.
You must select the Conflicts of Interest learner group to begin the training.
National Science Foundation (NSF)
Simmons University's Investigator Significant Financial Disclosure policy and reporting for NSF projects consists of three parts:
- Significant Financial Disclosure Policy for NSF Projects
- Declaration for Significant Financial Disclosure Policy: Short Form A
- Declaration for Significant Financial Interest Disclosure Policy: Long Form B
If you have any questions, please contact Elena Glatman, Director of Sponsored Research, Office of Sponsored Programs, [email protected]; (617) 521-2824; A-210, MCB.