Applying as a Transfer Student to Simmons University
A student is only considered a transfer student if they have attempted 17 or more college-level credits after earning their high school diploma or equivalent. Students who have earned 16 or less credits, in a degree seeking program or not, must apply as a first-year student. Applying to Simmons is easy and free using the applications below! Unsure of what to do next? Reach out to your Admission Counselor with questions!
Applying to Simmons as a transfer student is free when you use one of the applications below!
- Apply with the Common Application
- Apply with the Simmons University Application
The recommended grade point average (GPA) is a 2.8 for transfer students. You may transfer up to 96 semester hours of credit for courses passed with a grade of C or better at an accredited institution. Additional transfer requirements include:
- High School Transcript(s) or GED/HISET - waived with completed Associate's degree (except for nursing applicants)
- College Transcript(s) from all institutions attended
- Essay/Personal Statement
- 1 College Recommendation (Adviser or Faculty preferred)
- Mid-term Grade Report if requested - Applicants who will have 32 credits at the end of their current semester can choose to submit a Mid-Term Grade Report to have their standardized testing waived.
- Interview (recommended, not required) - we are currently scheduling online and phone interviews. If you're interested in scheduling an interview, email [email protected].
Please note: Once you submit your materials, we aren't able to return them, so please make copies of any original material.
To be eligible for a Simmons undergraduate degree, you must complete at least 32 semester hours of credit (equivalent to two semesters, full-time) at Simmons. The number of credits you transfer to Simmons University will determine your academic standing upon entering Simmons. Grades earned for transfer courses will not be averaged into the Simmons GPA or appear on the Simmons transcript.
- Fewer than 32 credits: First-year student
- 32 to 63 credits: Sophomore
- 64 to 95 credits: Junior
- 96 credits: Senior
Please note that all admitted or waitlisted applicants will receive a transfer credit evaluation shortly after acceptance.
Students who have completed an AA or AS degree will automatically have all Simmons PLAN (general education) requirements fulfilled through transfer credit, except for the capstone within their major.
|Application Plan||Application Deadline|
|Spring Admission||December 1, 2021|
|Priority Nursing, Summer and Fall Admission||December 15, 2021|
|Summer Admission||April 1, 2022|
|Fall Admission||April 1, 2022 — Extended to May 1, 2022|
Meet your Admission Counselor
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our Admission Counselors with any questions you might have about Simmons or the admission process. We are happy to help!Meet Your Counselor
Already Applied to Simmons?
We're thrilled you've applied to Simmons University! Login to your self-service portal to check the status of your application or see what's missing.Application Status
Ask a Question
Do you have specific questions about the Simmons experience that you feel only a current student can answer? Our Sharks would love to chat about campus and academic life!Talk with a Student