Transfer Students

If you decide to transfer to Simmons, you won't be alone. Each year, more than 50 students transfer here, attracted by our highly respected academic programs and welcoming community.

Transferring to Simmons is easier than you think

As you prepare your Simmons application materials, remember that our admission staff is here to give you the information, advice, and the personal attention you need to make the process go smoothly.

Please note: A student is only considered a transfer student if they have earned 17 or more credits in a degree-seeking program. Students who have earned 16 or less credits, in a degree seeking program or not, must apply as a first-year student.

Simmons University Community College Excellence Scholarship (SUCCESS)

For those enrolled at a Massachusetts community college, you might be eligible for our Simmons University Community College Excellence Scholarship (SUCCESS). Learn more.

How to Apply

Applying to Simmons as a transfer student is FREE when you use one of the applications below!

The Common Application

Simmons is a member of the Common Application, allowing students to apply to multiple schools with just one application. 

Apply with the Common Application

The Coalition Application

Simmons is a member of the Coalition for Access, Affordability, and Success, a diverse group of more than 140 distinguished schools that are committed to making college a reality through free online college planning tools and resources. 

Apply with the Coalition Application

Simmons Online Application

Simmons also offers our institutional specific application.

Simmons Print Application

If you would like a PDF application that you can print and fill out by hand, please send us an email or call us contact us at 617-521-2051.

Transferring Credit

A transfer credit evaluation (TCE) can help you better understand which of your previously taken courses will transfer into Simmons. Please note that all admitted or waitlisted applicants will receive a transfer credit evaluation shortly after acceptance.

You may also request a preliminary transfer credit evaluation by submitting all official college transcripts to the Undergraduate Admission Office and emailing your admission counselor a request for the preliminary transfer credit be completed.

Undergraduate Admission Events