Applying as a First-Year Applicant to Simmons University
Applying to Simmons is easy and free using the applications below! Unsure of what to do next? Reach out to your Admission Counselor with questions!
Applying to Simmons as a first-year student is free!
Information for International applicants can be found here.
- Highschool transcript
- Teacher recommendation
- Counselor recommendation
- College essay
- Applicants have the option to submit Standardized test scores: Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or the American College Testing Assessment (ACT).
- Applicants whose native language is not English should see the test requirements for English Proficiency Requirements.
What we look for
The Simmons admission committee will review your application holistically to learn not only what you have accomplished, but also who you are, including your participation in leadership and co-curricular activities. We highly recommend interviewing with our admission team.
- Students should have taken a challenging college preparatory curriculum including:
- 4 years of English
- 4 years of Math (at least one year beyond Algebra 2)
- 3 years of Social Science
- 3 years of Foreign Language
- 3 years of Science (4 years for those interested in nursing, nutrition, and physical therapy)
- We accept AP, IB, and college credits
|Application Plan||Application Deadline|
|Spring Admission||November 1, 2023|
|Priority Nursing||November 1, 2023 (If you are using the Common App to apply, please select Early Action 1/Priority Nursing under preferred admission plan)|
|Fall Early Action 1||November 1, 2023|
|Fall Early Action 2||December 1, 2023|
|Fall Regular Decision||February 1, 2024|
Chat with your Admission Counselor
Our Admission Counselors are happy to answer any questions you have about Simmons or the admission process.Talk to a Counselor
Already Applied to Simmons?
We're thrilled you've applied to Simmons University! Login to your self-service portal to check the status of your application or see what's missing.Application Status
Ask a Question
Do you have specific questions about the Simmons experience that you feel only a current student can answer? Our Sharks would love to chat about campus and academic lifeTalk with a Student