Junior Book Award Program
The Junior Book Award Program recognizes female, non-binary, genderfluid, and/or transgender-identifying high school juniors who exemplify the qualities of a Simmons University student, including leadership, community service, caring for family, passion for all social justice, climate change, and acts of kindness; and embody one or more of our core values.
Simmons University's Core Values
- We believe in changing the world for the better by inviting the best of the world to change us.
- We believe in strengthening our communities by nurturing inclusion and belonging.
- We believe in leading and modeling leadership through everyday action.
- We believe in improving society by connecting theory to practice.
- We believe in increasing our power to influence by increasing our willingness to serve.
The selection of the Book Award recipients will be announced in May. The book and certificate will be mailed to the nominator to give to the recipient.
Nominate a Student
Deadline: April 10, 2024
- Nominators must be a school counselor, advisor, principal, CBO organizers, or educational consultant.
- Nomination: 100-500 words, in which the nominator explains why their nominee represents Simmons University.