Admission Requirements & Deadlines
The recommended grade point average (GPA) is a 2.8 for transfer students. You may transfer up to 80 semester hours of credit for courses passed with a grade of C or better at an accredited institution. Additional transfer requirements include:
- High School Transcript(s) - waived with completed Associate's degree
- College Transcript(s) from all institutions attended
- Essay/Personal Statement
- College Recommendations (Adviser and Faculty)
- Mid-term Grade Report if requested - Applicants who will have 32 credits at the end of their current semester can choose to submit a Mid-Term Grade Report to have their standardized testing waived.
- Interview (recommended, not required)
**Note that once you submit your materials, we aren't able to return them, so please make copies of any original material.
To be eligible for a Simmons undergraduate degree, you must complete at least 48 semester hours of credit (equivalent to three semesters, full-time) at Simmons. The number of credits you transfer to Simmons University will determine your academic standing upon entering Simmons. Grades earned for transfer courses will not be averaged into the Simmons GPA or appear on the Simmons transcript.
- Fewer than 32 credits: First-year student
- 32 to 63 credits: Sophomore
- 64 to 80 credits: Junior
Transfer student applications are reviewed on a rolling basis with a preferred deadline of April 1st for fall semester and November 1st for spring semester. Decisions are sent within 3 weeks of an application becoming complete.
Nursing Program for Transfer Students
Learn about requirements and deadlines for our nursing program for transfer students.