Admission Requirements & Deadlines
Important Update Related to COVID-19
- Due to on campus limitations due to COVID-19, we strongly encourage applicants to submit official electronic versions of application materials when possible via email to email@example.com.
- If necessary, we will temporarily accept unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts must be provided before enrollment.
- If you have any issues submitting any of the required admission materials, please reach out directly to your admission counselor. We are working to be as flexible as possible during this difficult time.
The recommended grade point average (GPA) is a 2.8 for transfer students. You may transfer up to 80 semester hours of credit for courses passed with a grade of C or better at an accredited institution. Additional transfer requirements include:
- High School Transcript(s) or GED/HISET - waived with completed Associate's degree (except for nursing applicants)
- College Transcript(s) from all institutions attended
- Essay/Personal Statement
- 1 College Recommendation (Adviser or Faculty preferred)
- Mid-term Grade Report if requested - Applicants who will have 32 credits at the end of their current semester can choose to submit a Mid-Term Grade Report to have their standardized testing waived.
- Interview (recommended, not required) - we are currently scheduling online and phone interviews
**Note that once you submit your materials, we aren't able to return them, so please make copies of any original material.
To be eligible for a Simmons undergraduate degree, you must complete at least 48 semester hours of credit (equivalent to three semesters, full-time) at Simmons. The number of credits you transfer to Simmons University will determine your academic standing upon entering Simmons. Grades earned for transfer courses will not be averaged into the Simmons GPA or appear on the Simmons transcript.
- Fewer than 32 credits: First-year student
- 32 to 63 credits: Sophomore
- 64 to 80 credits: Junior
Transfer student applications are reviewed on a rolling basis with a preferred deadline of May 1st for fall semester and November 1st for spring semester. Decisions are sent within 3 weeks of an application becoming complete.
Nursing Program for Transfer Students
Learn about requirements and deadlines for our nursing program for transfer students.