Admission Requirements & Deadlines
Important Update Related to COVID-19
- Due to on campus limitations due to COVID-19, we strongly encourage applicants to submit official electronic versions of application materials when possible via email to [email protected].
- If necessary, we will temporarily accept unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts must be provided before enrollment.
- If you have any issues submitting any of the required admission materials, please reach out directly to your admission counselor. We are working to be as flexible as possible during this difficult time.
- The COVID-19 public health crisis has led to the cancellation of SAT, ACT, and TEAS tests in many parts of the United States. In response to these extraordinary circumstances, Simmons University will not require students applying for the 2021-22 academic year to submit standardized test scores.
The recommended grade point average (GPA) is a 2.8 for transfer students. You may transfer up to 96 semester hours of credit for courses passed with a grade of C or better at an accredited institution. Additional transfer requirements include:
- High School Transcript(s) or GED/HISET - waived with completed Associate's degree (except for nursing applicants)
- College Transcript(s) from all institutions attended
- Essay/Personal Statement
- 1 College Recommendation (Adviser or Faculty preferred)
- Mid-term Grade Report if requested - Applicants who will have 32 credits at the end of their current semester can choose to submit a Mid-Term Grade Report to have their standardized testing waived.
- Interview (recommended, not required) - we are currently scheduling online and phone interviews
**Note that once you submit your materials, we aren't able to return them, so please make copies of any original material.
To be eligible for a Simmons undergraduate degree, you must complete at least 48 semester hours of credit (equivalent to three semesters, full-time) at Simmons. The number of credits you transfer to Simmons University will determine your academic standing upon entering Simmons. Grades earned for transfer courses will not be averaged into the Simmons GPA or appear on the Simmons transcript.
- Fewer than 32 credits: First-year student
- 32 to 63 credits: Sophomore
- 64 to 95 credits: Junior
- 96 credits: Senior
Decisions for transfer nursing applicants are released in mid-February. Decisions for other transfer applicants are sent within 3 weeks of an application becoming complete, starting in mid-October for spring applicants and in mid-December for summer and fall applicants.