Simmons API Innovation Lab
Are you interested in collaborating with a team of peers to design and propose viable solutions to pressing global problems?
The Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships and the Center for Global Education are excited to present API Innovation Labs this winter!
API's Innovation Lab offers you the opportunity to work with a team of 4-6 peers to build essential skills of cross-cultural teamwork and collaboration, concept design, and to develop innovative business solutions to global challenges. The lab is designed to leverage the UN Global Goals as a blueprint for understanding global problems that need solving, like poverty, gender equality, and climate action - among many others - for a healthier and happier world. Your work will result in a pitch deck and investment proposal of a viable business model that you will present in a virtual boardroom.
Cultural Coaches will keep your solutions global, with cultural insight to guide development of your concept, enhance your impact, and maximize your global reach.
Industry Mentors will support you through creative ideation, help you position a unique value proposition in the market, and provide real-world feedback on your pitch.
As a participant, you will:
- Engage Lean Launchpad methodology to prepare for success in concept development, valuation and design
- Participate in dynamic and immersive virtual learning and rich cultural experiences led by our Resident Directors abroad, including guided tours, cooking classes, networking opportunities and community building across borders
- Follow a guided pathway of activities to achieve global skills and the opportunity to earn a digital badge stack that demonstrates cultural knowledge and the skills employers value to display on LinkedIn, e-portfolios, or other online platforms
- Community-building activities and cultural resources in a digital learning workspace
- API Digital Badge Stack: Global Innovation, Global Problem Solving, and Global Teamwork
- Career readiness materials and support, including how to reflect this experience on a resume and at job interviews
- Live events featuring speakers, activities, networking and more
Timing and Eligibility
API's Innovation Lab will take place between January 4, 2021 to March 26, 2021. Participants will receive a $650 stipend to support their work during the program. There are no out-of-pocket costs; API's Innovation Lab is fully funded by Simmons World Challenge.
Students from all levels and majors are welcome to apply. Although we ask applicants to submit a resume, no prior experience is necessary! For assistance with building a resume, email [email protected]
How to Apply
Applications for API's Innovation Lab are due by MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30. Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns.