We are delighted that your student has decided to attend Simmons and join our community.
Welcome to the Simmons family!
We know that you will continue to play an important role in your student's education, and we are committed to providing you with the resources and information you need to support their endeavors.
Registering for Family Orientation
Registration can ONLY be made by completing the orientation form online.
- Confirmations will be emailed directly to you from the online registration system if you complete the process in its entirely. If you did not receive this confirmation, you did not successful sign up.
- As your Orientation approaches, we will email information to you with additional details about the orientation session.
June 20th or June 22nd, 2019
- There is no cost for you to attend this program. All materials, meals and parking are included.
- Family Orientation is only on the 1st day of your students 2 day Orientation with no formal family programming planned on Friday or Sunday.
- While we suggest you attend the entire program, you may pick and choose what parts of Orientation you participate in.
- Check-in: Will be held on the Residence Campus in Alumnae Hall between 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on the morning of the first day of your Orientation. If driving, you will park on the Academic Campus (instructions below) and either walk over or take the shuttle. Orientation will be completed around 4:30 PM on the second day for your student.
- Open Office Hours: A select number of offices will be open from 10:30 a.m. prior to the day's activities. The Admissions Office (W102), Student Financial Services (W105), Accessibility Services (Center for Student Success) and Student Affairs Office (C210) staff will be available to answer any lingering questions or help direct you to the correct resource.
- Family Reception: Join us for afternoon cocktails and a chance to meet other Simmons family. Members including Student Affairs, Admissions, Student Financial Services and others. Light refreshments will be provided.
August 30th, 2019
Your day will start off with you students move onto campus! The Office of Residence Life will email specific information to you and your student about the timing and process. If your student is not living on campus, you are welcome to join us in the afternoon for our kickoff program.
Your student will attend Fall Orientation Friday, August 30th through Monday, September 2nd. We invite parents and families to join their students for the first day of Orientation - which is move-in day - and to stay for University Welcome, evening BBQ and the Candle Lighting Ceremony; a Simmons First-Year Tradition.