- Professor and Alumni Chair in Public Humanities
Our students explore the multiple meanings and roles of gender and how they relate to other social categories like race, class, age, sexuality, religions and nationality.
How has gender shaped people's experiences, movements, and even major events throughout history?
You'll contemplate gender in national and international contexts, developing theoretical and methodological perspectives on the status and experience of men and women.
A minor in gender history gives our students a broader understanding of individuals and societies — preparing them for fulfilling careers in management, law, academia, counseling, education, library, museum or archival work, as well as health care, social services, public administration, writing, publishing and the media.
So you know that Simmons is a great place to be, you've learned about our programs, maybe even come for a visit...now you're ready to apply! Let's get started.
- Associate Professor and Chair Department of History
- Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Program in History/Archives Management
- Associate Professor and Acting Chair, Department of Critical Race, Gender and Cultural Studies
- Assistant Professor and Interdisciplinary Program Director
- Assistant Professor NTT