- School of Library and Information Science
- Children’s Literature
After completing her master's in library science at Rutgers University, Amy Pattee worked as a children's librarian at public libraries in Ocean County and Burlington County, New Jersey. She received her doctorate in library and information science from the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. She has published in journals related to library science and children's literature, and has contribute to professional journals School Library Journal and The Horn Book. Her most recent book, Developing Library Collections for Today's Young Adults, was published by Scarecrow in 2013. She teaches children's and young adult literature.
What I Teach
- LIS 481: Children's Literature and Media
- LIS 482: Library Programs and Services for Children
- LIS 483: Young Adult Literature
- LIS 531Q: Special Topics in Children's Literature and Library Science
My research interests include youth librarianship, young adult literature, popular and series fiction, magazines for teenage girls, girls' studies and the intersections of reading and culture.