Apply to Study Abroad
Throughout the fall planning process, our primary guiding principle has been the health of the Simmons community, following state, city, and public health guidance. We are leading with care when it comes to students, faculty, staff, and all those who interact with our community. Simmons has made the difficult decision to cancel all international travel associated with credit-bearing study abroad for the fall and spring semesters. See our frequently asked questions for more information.
- Fill out and submit the online application.
- Apply for your passport, or make sure your passport is valid for 6 months after your return.
- If applying to an approved semester program, you may be required to apply directly to that study abroad program as well (via an online application).
- Candidates need to submit biographical details, a personal statement, as well as a study abroad scholarship essay (if applicable).
- Shortly following the application deadline, the CGE reviews your application, while receiving clearance from the Dean of Students, Residence Life, and the Registrar's Office. For Travel Courses, faculty leads also review applications.
- Upon successful review of your application, the Center for Global Education will update your online application to “Participation Approved” and notify you via email with important “next step” instructions.
- Submit required materials and forms accessible through your online application. Materials can include:
- Passport, health insurance card, provider acceptance letter, petition to study abroad (with faculty advisor signature), and travel itinerary.
- Sign documents included in the online application, which can include:
- Liability Agreement and Release, alcohol behavior agreement, doctor notification, health statement confirmation, and insurance confirmation.
- If you decide to withdraw, send an email immediately to discuss next steps and the formal withdrawal process.
- Fall & Summer semester deadline: March 15
- Spring semester deadline: October 15
- Travel Courses deadline that depart in spring or summer: October 15