Mission and Vision
The School of Nursing is preeminently known for its transformative, learner-centered education preparing students to become compassionate, patient and family-centered clinicians who care for diverse populations.
Our program of study is designed to prepare nurses in various spheres of health care to be future leaders who are clinically expert, socially and scientifically grounded, inquisitive and curious. Our graduates engage in nursing practice that is exemplified by caring, scholarship, leadership, and advocacy commensurate with their level of preparation in order to advance nursing science and address the significant health concerns within our global society.
The Simmons School of Nursing is a welcoming and diverse community that is preeminently known for preparing innovative clinicians and knowledgeable scholars who lead the re-design of health care to address the changing needs of humankind worldwide. The education of future nursing professionals is designed to improve the health and common good of the world embracing the following values:
- Respect: We have the utmost regard for one's individual humaness and inherent dignity.
- Social Justice and Inclusion: We appreciate the differences of all people, cultures, identities, and perspectives.
- Integrity and Accountability: We accept responsibility for establishing and maintaining the trust of patients and families during the provision of safe, quality care.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: We provide holistic care with a unique disciplinary focus as part of an interprofessional team.
- Caring and Compassion: We offer care and compassion to those in need with intention and purpose.
- Professional Development: We are committed to life-long learning and the advancement of nursing science.
- Excellence: We provide specialized expertise and wisdom to optimize health outcomes for patient, families and communities.