Boston Community College Scholarship
Each year, Simmons recognizes two outstanding Transfer students or Dix Scholars for their academic excellence and community involvement. The Boston Community College Scholarship is a two year, full-tuition scholarship, for candidates graduating from either Roxbury Community College or Bunker Hill Community College with an Associate’s degree. Once at Simmons, recipients must maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA at BHCC or RCC and cumulative 3.0 overall college GPA.
- Completing an Associate’s degree from BHCC or RCC same year as applying to the scholarship (Associate’s can be completed in December, May, or August).
- Only applies to fall enrollment.
- Have demonstrated creativity, engagement, global perspective, leadership, resiliency, or other qualities indicative of the ability to contribute to Simmons’s diverse community.
The Application Process
- Submit applications for fall admission by May 1st.
- Qualified scholarship applicants will be invited via email to schedule a video interview. Interviews are typically held the second week in May. Scholarship applicants will receive a confirmation of their interview date and time via email