- MSW, Clinical Social Work with Group Work Certificate, Boston University
- MPH, Maternal & Child Health, Boston University
Outside of Simmons, Tennen is a teacher and clinical consultant for Girls’ LEAP, a self-defense and empowerment program for Boston-area girls. Before coming to Simmons full time, Tennen was the mikveh center director at Mayyim Hayyim Community Mikveh and Education Center. Tennen has also facilitated groups for Isis Parenting, Weight Watchers, and Marathon Physical Therapy. Tennen was the manager of the group mentoring department and a field instructor at the Big Sister Association of Greater Boston. She has been a member of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) and the International Association for Social Work with Groups (IASWG) since 2004 and served on the IASWG-Massachusetts chapter’s board of directors for eight years.
What I Teach
- SWO 461 - Best Practices in Group Work
- SWO 462 - Advanced Group Work
- SWO 455 - Human Sexuality for Social Work Practice