- School of Library and Information Science
Bruce Tis is a computer engineer having worked at Digital Equipment Corporation before entering academia. He joined the Simmons University faculty in 1998 after spending 11 years on the faculty at Boston University teaching graduate students in Computer Science and Computer Information Systems MS degree programs. He specializes in computer networks, computer and network security, operating systems, and database management systems. He has done research in distributed operating systems and is also interested in computer science education having published papers on curriculum design and computer science pedagogy and conducted workshops on computer security. Most recently he has spend considerable time designing, developing and teaching online courses.
What I Teach
- CS112 Introduction to Computer Science
- CS113 GUI and Event Drive Programming
- CS226 Computer Organization and Architecture
- CS227 Computer Networks
- CS232 Data Structures
- CS327 Cybersecurity
- CS333 Database Management Systems
- CS345 Operating Systems
- LIS 488 Technology for Information Professionals
- LIS 458 Database Management
- LIS 531D Computer and Network Security
- LIS 531J Introduction to Programming
My main areas of interest are cybersecurity, networks and database management.