Storage and Retrieval
Simmons University Archives works with University offices to coordinate the off-site storage and retrieval of non-permanent records.
- Storage boxes for administrative records being transferred to the University Archives can be requested at x2440 or [email protected].
- Boxes should be labeled with
- office name,
- contact phone number,
- brief description and date of the records included,
- and the date transferred to the Archives.
- In some cases, offices may choose to prepare a detailed list of files included in the box. In that event, e-mail this list to the University Archives and include a copy in the box.
- Offices should place a work order through Campus Services (x1000) to schedule a pick-up of boxes.
- Boxes should be sealed with tape prior to pick-up.
Retrieval requests of a single file or of boxes of records should be sent to [email protected] or x2440. Retrieval requests may take 3-5 business days; please indicate if this is a request requiring rush fulfillment.
For more information on transferring or requesting records, please contact the University Archives staff at [email protected].