Are you passionate about the study of human behavior and the application of systems change?
If you're interested in a social work career, you can get started now. Our BSW students train as generalist practitioners. That means they graduate with the knowledge, values and skills they need to assist individuals, families, organizations and communities manage and learn from life's complex challenges.
With a BSW, you'll be prepared to:
- Apply to MSW Programs as an "advanced standing" students;
- Apply to take the licensing exam for bachelor's level social workers (LSW) upon graduation;
- Enter the workforce as a practitioner in a variety of settings, working with children, the elderly, immigrant populations, patients in hospitals, and other populations;
- Pursue additional professional BSW level social work credentials, including:
- Social Worker in Gerontology (SW-G)
- Certified Children, Youth, and Family Social Worker (C-CYFSW)
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Social Worker (CHP-SW)
- Certified Social Work Case Manager (C-SWCM)
We also offer an accelerated program that allows students to complete both the BSW and MSW in 4 years.
Learn more about the School of Social Work