Status Counts, Housing Selection 2019
- Status 1 ~191
- Status 2 ~208
- Status 3 ~ 301
- Status 4 ~11
- All fire-door rooms in Mesick and Dix can be chosen as "triples"/"quads" or doubles, and in South Hall the fire door rooms can be chosen separately or as "quints."
- Simmons and select rooms in Morse will not be available in returning student selection.
- The number of rooms listed below does not reflect the actual number that will be available on selection night as some single & double rooms will be pulled off-line for housing accommodations and first-year room holds. See rooms that are pulled offline by downloading the availability spreadsheet(available and updated live on this page during housing selection).
- The numbers listed do not include Resident Life staff (RA) rooms.
- Theme Community applications have already concluded. No late additions on the night of selection will be allowed.
Below you will find the list of approximate rooms available in each hall before room selection. Please note that available rooms are subject to change prior to room selection.
General Housing Selection
- Arnold Hall (101 beds): 10 singles, 44 doubles, 1 triple
- Dix Hall (122 beds): 7 singles, 56 doubles, 1 triple
- Evans Hall (72 beds): 9 singles, 3 two-person suites (two singles), 13 three-person suites (double and a single), 3 four-person suites (double and two singles), 2 triples
- Mesick Hall (73 beds): 35 doubles, 1 triple
- Morse Hall: TBD - Some first and second-floor rooms available to returning students
- North Hall, 3rd-5th Floors (48 beds): 5 doubles, 38 singles
- Simmons Hall (174 beds): Not available to returning students
- Smith Hall (100 beds): 3 singles, 21 doubles, 10 four-person suites (two doubles), 3 five-person suites (two doubles and a single)
- South Hall Singles (23 beds): 23 singles
- Townhouses (45 beds): 2 two-person apartments (shared doubles), 7 three-person apartments (a double and a single), 5 four-person apartments (a double and two singles)
- Wellness Community, 1st-4th Floor South Hall (46 beds): 11 doubles, 6 triples (approx. 50% of beds will be reserved for incoming students)
- Arts and Activism, 1st & 2nd Floor North Hall (18 beds): 18 singles
Room availability spreadsheets:
Please view the Room Availability Spreadsheet for a complete listing of rooms available during Housing Selection. During Housing Selection this link is constantly being updated, so it will reflect the most current information.
Sample Floor Plans
To view sample floor plans of the residence halls, login with your Simmons ID to our floor plan page. For security reasons, we have only posted one sample floor for each building. We are also providing a FAQ folder on the Townhouses, that includes floor plans (in the Townhouse FAQ document.