Virtual Global Internship Program
This coming fall and spring, you could participate in an immersive virtual global internship in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, or Latin America!
About the program
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors in good academic standing, with a passion for social, environmental, and/or economic justice issues;
- Offered during the fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters;
- Funded through Simmons World Challenge;
- Highly competitive! A limited number of internships are being offered this year.
Placements are tailored to each student's interests and are determined based on major, desired location, and area(s) of interest.
Fall 2020 Internships
- 6-week, 3-credit, 21-hour per week internships with interwoven intercultural activities.
- Virtual placements are available in Europe and Australia.
- Takes place between November and December.
Spring 2021 Internships
- 12-week, 4-credit, 13-hour per week internships.
- Virtual placements are available in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
- Takes place between the end of February to the end of May.
How to Apply
Online applications to the Virtual Global Internship Program are being accepted until September 23, 2020 (no exceptions).
The Virtual Global Internship Program is co-organized by the Center for Global Education (CGE) and the Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships (URF), and funded by Simmons World Challenge.