Meet with an Advisor
Meeting with an Advisor
To schedule an appointment with an advisor in Undergraduate Advising, please call 617-521-2474 or send us an email at least one business day in advance. Appointments are most productive when both the advisor and the student are prepared for the appointment.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment for any reason, please call to cancel and/or re-schedule. If you are running late, please call to notify the advising staff. If you are more than 10 minutes late, you may be required to re-schedule your appointment.
- The academic advisors are involved in many activities at Simmons, in addition to their advising responsibilities. Because of this, you may not be able to meet with your advisor on short notice or receive an immediate email or phone reply. Your advisor will get back to you as soon as possible.
Incoming and current Dix Scholar Nursing students receive advising from the School of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- Jodi DeLibertis Assistant Dean, 617-521-2130
First-year students are assigned to a Simmons PLAN Advisor for their first year at Simmons. PLAN Advisors are a mix of faculty and professional advisors who are trained on PLAN requirements and are well-versed on all majors and programs offered at Simmons. First-year students receive an email from their PLAN advisor before June Orientation.
- Anima Adjepong Assistant Professor of Sociology, Sociology
- Edie Bresler Associate Professor of Practice, Art and Music
- Amanda Chapman Academic Advisor, Undergraduate Advising
- Margaret Costello Assistant Professor, School of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Shelly-Ann Dewsbury Associate Professor of Practice and Director of Field Education, BSW Program
- Amy Heath Chair and Associate Professor of Practice, Physical Therapy
- Todd Herrmann Lecturer, School of Management
- Talia Hirsh Associate Director, Undergraduate Advising
- Cayce Jones Academic Advisor, Undergraduate Advising
- John Lowe Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs, School of Management
- Shirong Luo Associate Professor, Philosophy
- Briana Martino Assistant Professor, Communications
- Cathryn Mercier Professor and Director, Center for the Study of Children's Literature
- Erica Moura Lecturer, Communications
- Zinnia Mukherjee Assistant Professor, Economics
- Mary Owen Professor, Biology
- Danielle Peralta Academic Advisor, Undergraduate Advising
- Katherine Robbins Associate Professor of Practice, Nursing
- Matthew Schwartz Lecturer, Biology
- Niloufer Sohrabji Associate Professor and Chair, Economics and Department Chair
- Sara Squeglia Associate Director, Undergraduate Advising
- Jo Trigilio Senior Lecturer, Philosophy and Women & Gender Studies
First-year students enrolled in the Honors program will be assigned to a PLAN Advisor who is well-versed on the Honors-specific curriculum. First-year students enrolled in both the Honors program and the School of Nursing and Health Sciences will be assigned a PLAN Advisor who is also well-versed on specific SNHS program requirements.