Policies Governing the Use of Technology
The College voice, data and video networks and all computer equipment, software, printers, copiers and other peripherals provided for use by the College and all Simmons-issued or Simmons-licensed passwords, personal identification numbers, and electronic keys are covered by the policies detailed on the Technology Policies page. Each student is expected to read, understand, and observe these policies:
- Confidentiality Agreement: All employees (including student employees) agree to treat our stakeholders’ information in an appropriate and ethical manner.
- File Sharing: This policy informs and educates the Simmons College community about the growing concern of illegal online file sharing and respecting copyrights.
- Simmons Information Security Policy: This policy governs faculty, staff, and students in the storage and release of information at Simmons.
- Personal Web Publishing Policy: This policy disclaims Simmons responsibility for the content posted on individual's web pages. It is the responsibility of the page owner to present appropriate content.
- Mobile Device and Subsidy Policy: This policy sets guidelines regarding employee qualification for a Simmons-purchased mobile device or subsidization of a personally-owned mobile device.