The National Association of Black Social Workers (NABSW) at Simmons continue to increase their presence with their "Taste the Difference" event.
The Simmons Advantage
- Acclaimed training in clinical social work
- Outstanding, diverse faculty who are active practitioners, scholars, and researchers
- Campus-based and online program options
- Low student-to-faculty ratio
- Full-time and extended-study options
- Evidence-based approaches to clinical challenges
- Advanced-standing option for B.S.W. graduates
- Interdisciplinary and dual-degree options in business and public health
- Small, accessible campus in the heart of Boston and the Longwood Medical Area
Simmons School of Social Work, the First School of Social Work in the Nation, Launches Online Master's Program
Simmons College School of Social Work, the nation's first school of social work, continues its 110 year tradition of innovation with its announcement today that it will offer its Master of Social Work (MSW) degree online.
The National Association of Social Workers, Massachussetts Chapter has announced that it will honor Simmons Professor Hugo Kamya, PhD, LICSW the "Greatest Contribution to Social Work Education" award.
|May 22||MSW Information Session|
The School of Social Work at Simmons College emphasizes the clinical aspect of community social work. Our students will be placed in internships throughout the city where they practice three days a week during both their years at the College, giving them a major advantage when pursuing full-time careers post graduation.
Our innovative MSW Program includes a social action requirement, an Urban Leadership certificate option, and clinical field education placements in nearly 300 varied social service settings, and four areas of clinical specialization.
- MSW Program
- Online MSW Program
- Child and Family Specialization
- Trauma and Interpersonal Violence Specialization
- Specialization in Mental Health and Addictions
- Specialization in Health and Aging
- M.S.W./Urban Leadership Certificate Program
- Social Work/Public Health Training Interdisciplinary Degree
- MSW/MBA Dual Degree
We offer full-time, extended, and advanced standing tracks.
Our BSW Program prepares our students for generalist practice in social work, with option of pursuing a traditional major or the intensive 3+1 Program for motivated students who wish to complete both their BSW and MSW in only four years.
Our Doctoral Program prepares experienced social workers for careers in research and higher education. Most importantly, Simmons attracts people who want to work directly with individuals, families, and communities and who understand that the profession's commitment to social justice often requires practitioners to have a high level of social activism and civic engagement.
Request a free admission kit that includes our Viewbook, financial aid information, and application materials.
Questions? Get Answers
If you have any questions about the admission process, don't hesitate to contact the Admission Office: