Simmons students who are considering participating in a study abroad program should make an appointment with a financial aid counselor to discuss any financial aid that may be available for their program and to determine what documentation is required. This includes students interested in attending a for-credit international study program or a short term course offered abroad.
Study Abroad Checklist
- Complete and submit all general financial aid application materials (FAFSA and requested documents) to Student Financial Services by the due date. If you have not applied for financial aid by the deadline and are interested in doing so, please contact Student Financial Services.
- Apply to the study abroad program.
- Make an appointment with your financial aid counselor to discuss the financial aid process for study abroad.
- Our financial aid counselor will give you a Consortium Agreement. Submit the Consortium Agreement to the study abroad institution for them to complete. An official at the program must complete this form and send it back to Simmons Student Financial Services.
- Apply for alternative loans, if necessary.
- Set up a power of attorney, if applicable. Submit a copy to Student Financial Services.
- Confirm with Student Financial Services that all required paperwork has been completed and promissory notes have been signed.
- For your convenience, bring your financial aid counselor's email address with you in case you have questions while studying abroad.
- Return the Simmons Enrollment Certification Form to Student Financial Services once you have arrived at your study abroad location. An official at the program must complete this form on the first day of the program or anytime after. The certification form can be faxed or mailed to Student Financial Services.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by phone, in person, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Financial Aid Counselor
The first letter of your last name determines your Financial Aid Counselor.
2014-2015 Financial Aid Forms
Find more forms on our Forms & Publications page »