(Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Summer 2014)
|Enrollee Type||Full Year||Spring Enrollee||Summer Enrollee|
|Date Range of Coverage||8/14/13 - 8/15/14||1/1/14 - 8/15/14||5/10/14 - 8/15/14|
About the Medical Insurance Requirement
Massachusetts state law mandates that all students taking 9 credits or more must have medical insurance. All eligible students will be automatically included in the Simmons College insurance plan through University Health Plans, Inc. Downloadable information about plan details and benefits is available on the University Health Plans website.
Students who have comparable coverage may opt out of the plan by completing a waiver form. This form is available on the University Health Plans website. You will need your Social Security number and insurance information to complete the waiver. International students may not waive the medical insurance requirement. Only insurance companies within the United States will be accepted as substitutes for the College's Plan.
Insurance Waiver Due Dates
- Fall 2013 Semester: September 17, 2013
- Spring 2014 Semester: February 4, 2014
Full-time students who do not submit a waiver by the due date will automatically be enrolled and billed for the required Massachusetts medical insurance without possibility of later waiver, refund, or cancellation.
Insurance Waiver Instructions
- Go to www.universityhealthplans.com/
- Click on 'Simmons College' in the main menu
- Click on 'Click Here' by the Simmons College Student Accident & Sickness Insurance Plan
- Click on 'Click Here to Waive'
- Fill in all required information, as indicated on the form
- Submit the waiver. Wait for confirmation that the waiver has been successfully submitted. We advise you to print out the confirmation page for your records.
If you receive an error message, double-check to verify that you have completed all required fields correctly, and then resubmit. If it still is not accepted, email University Health Plans at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may call University Health Plans at (800) 437-6448 or (617) 472-5324.
Please contact us at email@example.com or 617-521-2001. More information can be found in our help section. This includes detailed contact information, FAQs, and links to other important sites and dates.
Hours of Operation
- Mon—Tue: 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Wed—Thu: 8:30 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Fri: 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Mon—Fri: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM