Continuing & Professional Education


Taking a Class as a Non-degree Student

If you are interested in taking a class or two to get to know Simmons, to fulfill credits, or just to expand your mind, the non-degree option is for you. You can check out which classes are currently offered by browsing our current course listings

Once you find a class, fill out the registration form below. Please note: if the course you are interested in has a prerequisite listed, you must submit a transcript as evidence of your completion of that requirement. Transcripts (unofficial will suffice!) can be emailed directly to Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admission, Kimberly Pacheco at

Register Online

Download Registration Form (PDF)


If you are unsure about enrolling in a graduate program, or just want to advance your educational experience, non-degree study at Simmons is the best option for you. As a non-degree student, you may enroll in up to two graduate-level courses (up to eight credits) before formally applying to a degree program.

Individuals considering this option are encouraged to contact the program director for advice on a course of study. This is particularly important if you are planning on applying to a degree program, so that you can verify that the courses you choose will apply towards a degree. Be aware that successful completion of these courses does not guarantee admission into the program.

Registration and Further Details

The registration packets contain all the materials that you will need to enroll and should answer all your questions about registration, tuition, billing, and more. Please be aware that non-degree students are not eligible for Simmons College or federal financial aid.

Please do not hesitate to contact the admissions staff at 617-521-2915 or if you have further questions, or require assistance.

Download the Spring 2015 Non-degree Courses and Information Packet (PDF).

For information about attending classes in the School of Library and Information Science as a non-degree student, visit the SLIS Forms & Policies page.